- Enrolled NESOM students must register and pay for courses at least 4 weeks prior to the date scheduled for the class. Once students have registered and paid for the course, textbooks will be mailed directly to students from Global University. Registration can be done on the district website, at a NESOM session or through the mail.
- A $20 late fee will be charged on registrations received after the 4 week deadline. No registrations will be accepted less than 3 weeks prior to the date scheduled for the class.
- Students who are unable to attend a class for which they have pre-paid may apply their fee to another course within three months of the original absence. Refunds will not be given.
- Missed classes will be offered again in the following academic year or can be taken through Berean School of the Bible and transferred to NESOM.
- Students are required to complete a minimum of 15-20 hours of preparatory self-study prior to the class session. This includes reading the textbook and answering the Interactive Questions. The answers will be turned in during the first class session on Friday evening.
- Students must attend and participate in all class sessions, complete the required assignments and successfully pass the course exam (at least 70%) in order to receive credit for the course.
- Final grades are determined by the reading and class participation (20%), the Interactive Questions (20%) and the final exam (60%).
- Students are expected to conduct themselves in a Christ-like manner at all times.
- In the classroom students should be respectful of their peers and instructors. Behavior that is disruptive to the learning process and disrespectful to others will not be tolerated and will be addressed, first by the instructor of the class, and, if necessary by the NESOM administration.
- Students must adhere to the highest standard of academic and ethical integrity. They are prohibited from submitting someone else’s answers to the Interactive Questions, submitting the answers to the Interactive Questions from the textbook and/or cheating on the exams taken in the classroom at the end of the course.
- Failure to follow these basic rules of conduct may result in the student’s dismissal from NESOM without credit or refund. The NESOM administration will make the school’s final decision on all disciplinary cases.
- Any credentialed minister may audit one class per academic year with no tuition charge. Further audits will cost $30.
- Any credentialed minister who enrolls a new student in NESOM may audit any class at a 50% tuition discount.
- NESOM alumni may audit any previously completed class for a $20 audit fee.
- All auditors will be charged the regular rate if they need textbooks and/or housing and meals.
- All auditors must attend the entire session and participate in the class session in the same way a fully registered student would be expected to participate.
Internships-Each level of study requires students to participate in a 3 month internship with a qualified mentor.
- The student must have completed at least 3 NESOM or Berean School of the Bible courses to begin the internship.
- In the NESOM schedule the months of June and July have been reserved for internships. It would be better for the student to do the majority of the internship during these months without the pressure of preparing for another NESOM course.
- All mentors must be approved prior to beginning the internship.
- The cost of the Internship is $100.00 per level.
- No credit will be given for any internship work completed before the student has successfully registered for the course.